3" Double Rescue Prusik Minding Pulley "PMP"
- Model #: NFPA158500
- Type: Double
- Axle: Aluminum
- Bearing: Ball Bearing
- Material: High Quality Aluminum
- Dimensions: 7.1" x 4.17” x 2.2”
- Weight: 20.8 oz (590g)
- Max. Rope: 1/2” (13mm)
- Sheave: 3” aluminum
- 3 Sigma MBS: 48kN (10,790 lbf)
- Becket Strength: 30kN (6,744 lbf)
- NFPA1983 Certified
- Made In USA
The 3" PMP " Prusik Minding Pulley" is the largest of three sizes of SMC PMP's and therefore handle the largest loads and toughest tasks. PMP’s feature a wide base design that maximizes the effectiveness of a Prusik hitch and are most often used as an integral piece of equipment in progress capture and hauling systems. PMP’s are especially versatile and may be used in many ways, from progress capture and hauling systems to crevasse rescue, high-lines and Tyrolean traverses.
The D-shaped top hole accepts up to 3 large rescue carabiners or multiple small carabiners and allows the carabiners to be rotated freely and completely through the hole. Side plates are precisely tensioned to aid one-handed use. Solid side plates also help to further reduce snagging. Sealed ball bearings provide optimal efficiency and reduce the performance-robbing resistance that is inherent in most multiple component systems and are not prone to failure under misaligned loads or with twisted gear that may occur with needle bearing.
FEATURES AND BENEFITS:
- UL certified to NFPA 1983 “G” General Use.
- High efficiency sealed ball bearings providing flawless function under conditions that would shut down lesser grade pulleys.
- Side plates are precisely tensioned for easy one-handed operation and secure placement at any point along the rope.
- Oversized top hole is designed for use with up to 2 rescue carabiners and is large enough to allow sleeve of locked carabiner to pass through.
- Low profile fasteners reduce snagging and hanging up when pulley is being moved.
- Wide base design works most efficiently with Prusik cords of up to 8mm.
- Made in the USA.