ANSI Safety Lock
- Model #: NFPA21501
- Material: Steel Alloy
- Finish: Zinc Plated
- Dimensions: 5.04” x 2.97”
- Gate opening: 1.20”
- Weight: 11.5 oz (325g)
- 3 Sigma test:
- Major axis– 46kN (10,341 lbf)
- Minor axis– 16kN (3,597 lbf)
- Gate open– 11kN (2,473 lbf)
- NFPA1983 Certified
- ANSI z359.12 Certified
- Made In USA
SMC’s Large Steel Locking D and ANSI Safety Lock were developed especially for the needs of the Industrial Work and Rescue communities with a large gate opening that easily fits over litter rails..
The NFPA21501 ANSI Safety Lock is a triple stage auto-locking version of the NFPA21001 featuring an ANSI Z359.12 compliant gate break strength of 16kN to meet all your OSHA compliance issues.
Both the NFPA21001 and NFPA21501 features stainless steel gates for greater strength and reliability. All the components in these carabiners are meticulously hand finished after machining resulting in the smooth, free gate action that is the hallmark of all SMC carabiners. Additionally, each carabiner is 100% hand inspected for gate action and other functional characteristics before leaving our factory. If you want a carabiner that performs just as well after 1,000 jobs as it did the first time you used it then you need to buy SMC.
The Large Steel Screw Locking carabiner is also available as NFPA Certified.
FEATURES AND BENEFITS:
- NFPA1983 certified
- ANSI z359.12 (2009 edition) certified
- Manufactured using high quality Alloy Steel for optimal ratio of strength to weight.
- Sleeve is precisely aligned by hand so that it moves freely and locks on gate not the frame which prevents jamming upon release under heavy loads.
- Stainless steel gates and other internal parts insure trouble free performance.
- Thread design and medium knurl provide a positive action for secure use with gloves yet is easy on bare hands.
- Made in the USA.