Position Description: Sales Manager
You will be an expedition leader in this exciting role at Seattle Manufacturing Corp.(SMC), where we design and
build high-quality, American made products that our customers in the Safety, Rescue and Mountaineering
industries love and depend on. You will be working at a fun, innovative, and exciting small business with an
opportunity to make a big impact while utilizing your diverse skills.
As our Sales Manager, you will work across all our vertical markets with revenue quota responsibility, in a position
based out of our Ferndale, WA headquarters. You will prospect, qualify, manage and close sales opportunities in
new and existing accounts that may include: retailers, distributors, and OEM or private label manufacturing
Some of the things you will be doing include:
• Represent SMC and its product line to new customer accounts
• Manage all aspects of the sales process including lead generation, qualification, evaluation, close and
account management while meeting or exceeding direct sales goals
• Develop and manage sales pipeline, prospect and assess sales potential in both existing customer
accounts and new account opportunities
• Develop and manage a sales rep team
• Manage and track customer and ordering information into the newly acquired M/S Dynamics 365 CRM
system; logging all sales activity within the established processes
• Coordinate internal resources throughout the sales cycle, including product support and R&D engineering
• Monitor industry directions/trends and share with management team for future product development ideas
• Demonstrate products to prospects both in person and via web-based technologies
• Be an integral part of the management team with opportunities to contribute to the success of the
• Work effectively within a team environment to maximize revenue potential and ensure customer success
• Manage marketing efforts based on a defined strategy
• Other related duties as assigned
• Travel required
Who you are:
• Self-Starter. You are able to develop a plan and efficient route to reach your sales goals
• Self-Confident. You are a team player who can communicate ideas and suggest alternative routes
effectively and logically
• Experienced. You have at least seven years of direct sales experience, preferably in an exploratory role
focused on landing strategic new customers and you are comfortable with selling niche products (and if
you’ve sold or used mountaineering, safety or rescue products that would be a plus).
• Amazing Customer Service Mindset. You have the ability to develop and manage a sales pipeline with
a proven track record of handling a large number of account relationships.
• Excellent Communicator: You have the ability to communicate verbally and in writing with team
members, dealers, distributors and the public.
What we are looking for:
A self-directed and resourceful person willing to do whatever it takes to reach the top in life and in business.
Bachelor's Degree (or higher) with a technical or business focus preferred. Evangelist. You “get it” and
understand our company slogan “Quality Gear for Life”. You believe SMC products are the best in the world and
can effectively sell our products by demonstrating their value in the markets we serve, you want to be a
contributing member of a winning team, and you want to have fun along the way. Our culture is casual yet serious
as our products often are utilized in life and death situations. We are passionate about our products and our
mission and we are loyal to each other, our partners and our community. We value work/life balance and making
a difference in the world!
How to apply:
Send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com with the subject: Sales Manager