Large Aluminum Locking D
- Model #: 25001 (Bright) or 25002 (Black)
- Material: Aluminum
- Finish: Polished or Anodized
- Dimensions: 5.04'' x 2.97''
- Gate opening: 1.20”
- Weight: 3.8 oz (108g)
- 3 Sigma test:
- Major axis– 34kN (7,643 lbf)
- Minor axis– 11kN (2,473 lbf)
- Gate open– 10kN (2,248 lbf)
- Made In USA
The Large Aluminum Locking D is identical in size to our very popular Large Steel Rescue Carabiner except for the fact that it is constructed entirely of aluminum rather than steel. Light in weight, this is a great multipurpose carabiner and an ideal choice for situations such as are found in mountain rescue, where weight is a concern and carabiner volume and strength are equally critical.
Featuring a large gate opening, the SMC Large Aluminum Locking D Carabiner is compatible with the railings found on most stretchers and litters. Always 100% hand inspected with all critical dimensions being held to very close tolerances throughout production, it this careful attention to detail and precision craftsmanship that help SMC to maintain high levels of quality, value and flawless performance.
Available in Bright or Black on Black for tactical environments and theatrical rigging requirements.
FEATURES AND BENEFITS:
- Manufactured using high quality aluminum for optimal ratio of strength to weight.
- Unique “hybrid” design utilizes stainless steel for internal parts insuring silky smooth and trouble-free performance for the life of the carabiner.
- Pins are flush-mounted with gate for a virtually snag-free operation.
- Thread design and medium knurl provide a positive action for secure use with gloves yet is easy on bare hands.
- Sleeve is precisely aligned by hand so that it moves freely and locks on gate not the frame thus prevents jamming upon release under heavy loads.
- Made in the USA.