- Model #: NFPA21001 (Bright)
- Material: Steel Alloy
- Finish: Zinc Plated (Bright)
- Dimensions: 5.04” x 2.97”
- Gate opening: 1.20”
- Weight: 10.6 oz (300g)
- 3 Sigma test:
- Major axis– 46kN (10,341 lbf)
- Minor axis– 16kN (3,597 lbf)
- Gate open– 11kN (2,473 lbf)
- NFPA1983 Certified
- Made In USA
- Product Information
This is one of SMC’s best selling steel carabiners. The Large Steel Locking D was developed especially for the needs of the fire and rescue communities with a large gate opening that easily fits over litter rails. The NFPA21001 & NFPA21007 are the models that are stamped with the requisite UL Certification.
The components used in this carabiner are meticulously hand-finished prior to final assembly resulting in the smooth, free gate action that is the hallmark of all SMC carabiners. The sleeve locks on the gate rather than the body of the carabiner, eliminating problems of the knob binding on the frame after the carabiner has been loaded. Utilizes stainless steel gates and locking sleeves for smooth action, greater strength, and optimal reliability. Additionally, each carabiner is 100% hand-inspected for gate action and other functional characteristics before leaving our factory.
If you want a carabiner that performs just as well after 1,000 jobs as it did the first time you used it then you need to buy this one. Available in Bright or Black zinc plated finish for use in tactical or theatrical applications.
Also available as Non-NFPA certified for environments that require strong, high-quality connectors.
FEATURES AND BENEFITS:
- UL certified to meet NFPA1983 “G” General Use.
- Unique “hybrid” design utilizes stainless steel for gates and other internal parts insuring silky smooth and trouble free performance for the life of the carabiner.
- Pins are flush-mounted with gate for a virtually snag-free operation.
- Thread design and medium knurl provide a positive action for secure use with gloves yet is easy on bare hands.
- Sleeve is precisely aligned by hand so that it moves freely and locks on gate not the frame thus prevents jamming upon release under heavy loads.
- Made in the USA.