- Model #: 19002 (Black)
- Material: Aluminum
- Finish: Anodized
- Dimensions: 4.26” x 2.21”
- Gate opening: .71”
- Weight: 2.2 oz (63 g)
- 3 Sigma test: Major axis
- 20 kN (4,496 lbf)
- Minor axis– 7kN (1,574 lbf)
- Gate open– 6kN (1,349 lbf)
- Made In USA
- Product Information
The SMC Oval was one of the first aluminum carabiners manufactured in the US during the 1960’s. This classic traditional carabiner is highly versatile and functionally designed to withstand the test of time. A major benefit of using a ‘’true’’ oval carabiner is that it is very difficult to load incorrectly. Load forces tend to "self-equalize" between the pulley, ropes and anchors in your system by balancing your load equally on the spine and gate allowing the carabiner to maintain full strength under a variety of conditions.
Ovals are most oft en used in critical climbing or rescue applications where a stuck gate must be avoided. The slightly flattened frame provides increased strength.
SMC assures that all carabiners are 100% visually and physically inspected. It is SMC’s attention to detail and precision craftsmanship that guarantees you receive the highest level of quality, value and flawless performance thus insuring your carabiners are amongst the finest you can buy anywhere in the world.
FEATURES AND BENEFITS:
- Simple design uses minimum number of parts/components providing for excellent and reliable functionality.
- The frame is slightly flattened for increased strength-to-weight ratio.
- Pins are flush-mounted with gate for a virtually snag-free operation.
- Manufactured using high quality aluminum for light weight, durability and strength.
- Available in Bright and Black.
- Made in the USA.
Check items to add to the cart or select all