Micro Double Aluminum Prusik Minding Pulley "PMP"
- Model #: NFPA154000 (Gold), NFPA154001 (Black)
- Type: Double
- Axle: Ball Bearing
- Dimensions: 4.65” x 2.55” x 1.81”
- Material: High Quality Aluminum
- Weight: 5.8 oz (164g)
- Max. Rope: 1/2” (13mm)
- Sheave: 1.37”
- 3 Sigma test MBS: 40kN (8,992 lbf)
- Becket Strength: 20kN (4,496 lbf)
- NFPA1983 Certified
- Made In USA
Looking for a well-built, small pulley that has plenty of capacity and performs well? The SMC Micro PMP’s (singles and doubles) are exactly what you need. These are the smallest of three sizes of Prusik Minding Pulleys made by SMC, but don’t let their small size cause you to question their performance! These pulleys are designed and manufactured to the same high quality standards as our full-sized PMP’s.
The wide base design maximizes the effectiveness of a Prusik hitch while a unique side plate formation allows the use of larger ropes in a compact pulley. An oversized bell-shaped top hole accepts a large rescue carabiner or multiple small carabiners. The single can be rigged with 2 carabiners in a way that the 2nd carabiner serves as a Becket. Solid side plates help prevent foreign object access and reduce snagging and are precisely tensioned for easy one-handed operation and secure placement at any point along the rope. Sealed ball bearings provide optimal efficiency and reduce the performance-robbing resistance that is inherent in most multiple component systems and are not prone to failure under misaligned loads or with twisted gear that may occur with needle bearings.
Features and Benefits:
- UL certified to NFPA 1983 “T” Technical Use as required by most government and private agencies.
- Side plates are precisely tensioned and for easy one-handed operation and secure placement at any point along the rope.
- Matched double-bend side plates help to eliminate compression under load and the resulting friction on rope or sheave.
- Low profile fasteners help to reduce snagging and hanging up when pulley is being moved.
- Wide base design works most efficiently with Prusik cords of up to 8mm.
- Over-sized top hole is designed for use with multiple carabiners. Single may be rigged with 2 carabiners in such a way that the 2nd carabiner may serve as a Becket.
- Made in the USA.