- Model #: 147000
- Type: Single
- Axle: Ball Bearing
- Material: High Quality Aluminum
- Dimensions: 4” by 3” by 1-1/4”
- Weight: 6 oz. (170g)
- Max. Rope size: 1/2” (13mm)
- Sheave: 2” Aluminum
- 3 Sigma MBS: 7,644 lbf (34kN)
- Meets UIAA
- Made In USA
With the possible exception of rope it can be argued that a pulley is one of the most important components used in all forms of rescue as well as wilderness and alpine exploration. Noting the unique requirements found in Swift Water Rescue, we created an entirely new pulley to address those needs. The Swiftwater fits between our Micro PMP and 3” PMPs in both size and work load, and represents a reasonably priced, non-NFPA alternative to other midsized pulleys.
Made using high quality aluminum, this lightweight pulley weighs 6 oz. and features a 2’’ sheave. Anodized side plates feature a series of holes that help to minimize the hydroplaning effect that might occur with a typical pulley. These side plates are also configured to work as a Prusik Minding Pulley and are precisely tensioned for easy one-handed operation and secure placement at any point along the rope. High quality sealed ball bearings help to provide the optimal efficiency that is so crucial in rope rescue systems. They help to reduce the performance-robbing resistance that is inherent in most multiple component systems and are not prone to failure under misaligned loads or with twisted gear that may occur with needle bearings. The wide and flat base maximizes the effectiveness of a Prusik hitch while a unique side plate formation allows the use of larger ropes in a compact pulley. The top hole accepts 2 large rescue carabiners or multiple small carabiners and allows the carabiners to be rotated freely and completely even while closed. Features Red and Black side plates.
FEATURES AND BENEFITS:
- Certified to meet UIAA127 / EN12278.
- Anodized side plates feature a series of holes that help minimize the hydroplaning effect that might otherwise occur with other pulleys.
- Side plates are precisely tensioned and for easy one-handed operation and secure placement at any point along the rope.
- Uses sealed ball bearings which provide optimal efficiency, thus reducing the performance-robbing resistance that is inherent in most multiple component systems and are not prone to failure under misaligned loads or with twisted gear as may occur when using pulleys made with needle bearings.
- Wide base and side plate design works well to “mind” Prusik cords of up to 8mm.
- Made in the USA.