NFPA Kinetic Twist Lock
- Model #: NFPA103100 (Blue), NFPA103104 (Orange), NFPA103107 (Black)
- Material: Aluminum
- Finish: Anodized
- Dimensions: 4.57'' x 2.85''
- Gate opening: .98”
- Weight: 2.8 oz (79g)
- 3 Sigma test:
- Major axis– 28kN (6,294 lbf)
- Minor axis– 9kN (2,023 lbf)
- Gate open– 8kN (1,798 lbf)
- NFPA1983 Certified
- Made In USA
The SMC Kinetic Series has been specifically designed for users who require only the best equipment possible, available in NFPA Certified for Work and Rescue environments.
Built from the ground up this carabiner gives you the best of the best in carabiner functionality. Featuring a key-lock nose and .98 inch gate opening make the Kinetic an ideal connector for all disciplines of climbing or work rescue. The Screw-Lock gate design was engineered to have the locking sleeves engage on the gate, not on the frame, which helps prevent jamming or vibrating loose and allows the operator to operate while under load if necessary. The Twist Lock gate is designed to be easily opened with one hand, yet the recessed knurls and firm spring make it less likely that gear will cause gate to inadvertently open. The Screw-Lock weighs in at 2.8 oz. and the Twist-Lock in at 3.2 oz. so you’ll never have to sacrifice strength for weight when at heights all day long.
SMC assures that all carabiners are 100% visually and physically inspected. It is SMC’s attention to detail and precision craftsmanship that guarantees you receive the highest level of quality, value and flawless performance insuring your carabiners are amongst the finest you can buy anywhere in the world.
Like all other NFPA carabiners from SMC, the Kinetic Series™ is third party certified by Underwriters Laboratories to meet NFPA 1983 “L” Technical Use.
FEATURES AND BENEFITS:
- UL Certified to meet NFPA 1983 "T" Technical Use.
- Enhanced Modified D shape provides for larger gate opening.
- Screw-Lock sleeve locks on gate not the frame resulting in greater reliability and less jamming.
- Twist-Lock gate is designed to be easily opened.
- Thread design and medium knurl provide a positive action for secure use with gloves yet is easy on bare hands.
- Single Hand Operation.
- Bright easy to see Blue and Tactical Black on Black.
- Made in the USA.